Thursday, October 14, 2010

Speaking

I spoke at the Vinyard's Annual women's retreat at Shasta Lake in Sept.
It was incredible, I was so glad to share my story of hope and joy with the 40+ women,
when I got home and checked my email, I had another speaking engagement offered to share my journey through breast cancer at my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at 1st Nazarene church in Redding. Wow- I didnt even have a chance to journal all I learned from the first one to now another one. Well I assume I will be speaking on this subject for quite a while, when ever the doors open wide, to share the glory and strength of Jesus to carry us through tragedy to the other side. It is October and every where I look I see "Think Pink" for breast cancer awareness month, last year going through chemo at this time, I just wanted to hide from all the cancer stuff everywhere I looked, this year I feel like a celebrity, Like , "Hey , I've been there, I've done that!!" I feel like SUPER WOMAN or WONDER WOMAN, like I did chemo I can do anything!!! I survived CHemo I can survive anything!!! So now I am a living walking testimony of the healing power of Jesus.
It is so hard to describe this last year, I am starting after 16 months starting to feel for the first time in a long time -somewhat NORMAL again, whatever normal is. It is a new normal, coming back from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment