Thursday, October 1, 2009

cancer support group

Yesterday, I went to my first cancer support group, it was a huge shot of reality for me. Very hard, but good. I was of course the youngest person in there, feeling a bit discouraged by this when I first walked in, but leaving feeling greatful that I was also the healthiest and mad more days left on this earth than them. The tall beautiful black oncology nurse who lead the group I think was a warrior angel. She was one of the most wonderful person I have ever met, she kept preaching to enjoy every moment of like, embrase every second you have , live life to the fullest, each moment is a gift, and unless you have cancer , you dont always see life like that, so in a way it is a gift we have been entrusted with , to choose life and life abundantly. The people were so supportive and encouraging. I feel so much better this week, so much freedom, I am not afraid of cancer, I am overcoming it. (that is all God's doing) I wake up from night and naps, my mind trying to make peace with the chemo that I hate. I wake up having soothing thought of chemo-it is so awesome how God's presence is there to help us thru this process of hardship making the rough rocky road smooth. Everyday before chemo I have anxiety (of course) but also a supernatural excitement and strength to get thru this next day of chemo. Thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. You're incredible Cyndi. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete