Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Day of work

Well, this morning was the day we sent our son into the workforce. He has been a bit confused about the fact he needs to get himself to work on a bicycle but I am confident he'll figure it out. He has started training at YAKS coffee shop on hilltop to earn money for missions and to replinish his savings,besides he loves people and what a great place. He got himself up at 5 am,dressed,breakfast and even a cup of java. I heard him rustling in the kitchen so I got up with him to check out his gear,give him support and remind him how proud I am to be his father. He did just fine getting prepared with water,change of clothes, remembered his comb to fix his faux hawk when he gets there and a headlamp cuz it was darker than I thought it would be. He is a rather awesome young man, and yes I am quite biased. As he road off at 5;25, I stood in the street to watch as any proud papa would,when a pure white deer and her fawn that calls this area home came out, looked around and went on their way. was there a significance?Not sure, but it was definitely cool.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I am proud of him (and you guys as parents too!) and he isn't even my kid (nor do I know what it is like to have a kid :) ) Way to go EJ.

    ReplyDelete